If you own, operate, or manage a company, one of your responsibilities is to ensure a hygienic space for employees and customers. One of the best strategies for keeping your company healthy is to have regular commercial pest control services administered. In addition to keeping pests away, these services help safeguard the reputation of your company and also aid in preventing damage to your property. Continue reading to learn why your company needs regular commercial pest control visits.
Companies, offices, schools, and similar structures have zero tolerance for pests. Despite this, the ample amount of space, the locations throughout the structures that are ideal for nesting, and the availability of food, water, or both make company buildings highly susceptible to a vast array of infestations. While an infestation may prove to be minor, the financial line the infestation affects will likely prove to be major. Just ONE pest-related issue or event could result in damage to your reputation, a danger to the health and safety of the building and those that enter it, and could result in hefty fines being imposed by authorities – including those on a state and federal level.
There are several unique benefits associated with acquiring commercial pest control services for your company. They are as follows:
- Protection of Your Business – By acquiring commercial pest control services for your company, you are taking a step that is necessary in protecting your business. Pest activity – be it on the outside of the structure or the inside of the structure – has the capability of damaging the building where your business is located. If the building starts to become damaged due to pests, your business will suffer damages, too. If you have a carpenter ant infestation, for example, the creatures can soften the wood throughout the building and causes thousands of dollars in damage. If you have rodents, they may chew up and destroy electrical wiring in the walls of your business. By getting commercial pest control services today, you can start protecting your business and the building where it is located, immediately.
- Professional Inspection and Identification – Did you know that by the time you see evidence of a pest infestation that the infestation may be out of control? A professional pest control company is capable of coming in and completing a thorough inspection. Not only will they be able to determine if you have a pest control problem, they can determine if the pests have already started to cause damage in your building. They are capable of figuring out what type of pests that you have and exactly what treatment is needed to eradicate the infestation and prevent the issue from occurring again in the future.
- Prevention – It is always a good idea to have a professional inspection done of your business building for pests. There are many instances where the company may not be able to find any evidence of an infestation. This is a really good result! However, where the benefit comes in is that the company can share tips with you on how to prevent a future infestation. For example, if your gutter system is damaged and causing water to pool at the foundation of the business, the pest control company may pinpoint this as a potential culprit for a future rodent infestation. If your business has an attic and the vents are broken that go into the attic, they may be able to pinpoint that as a potential future issue that could result in an infestation of bats in your attic. If potential issues are discovered, the pest control company will share the information with you and provide tips on how to resolve those problems so that you do not experience an infestation at a later date.
- Tailored Treatments – Commercial pest control services perform comprehensive inspections. When pests are discovered, a tailored treatment plan is created – specifically – for your business. If there are issues that indicate an infestation could occur in the future, the treatment is tailored for that, too.
- Employee Satisfaction – One of the main benefits associated with obtaining commercial pest control services for your business is the fact that it provides a boost to the satisfaction of your employees. If employees are made to work in an area that has pests, productivity will be negatively impacted. By obtaining pest control, your company will be pest free and those that work for you will be happy. In turn, you will find that their productivity levels are higher. When your business productivity is higher, you will find that your profits are also higher.
Commercial Pest Control Tips
There are many tips that your company can follow to ensure that pests stay away from your place of business. These include the following:
- First, identify areas that are particularly vulnerable to pest infestations. These include cracks in the walls and foundation, gaps that are located around windows and/or doors, insulation that is damaged, and other areas that are similar in nature. You should then seal the openings and make any other necessary repairs.
- Next, make certain that sanitation practices are implemented within your business. The interior and exterior region of your business should be thoroughly clean and free from debris. You should disinfect all areas on a regular basis. Break rooms, storage spaces, and trash areas should be cleaned and kept up.
- You should make sure that you inspect the building of your business on a regular basis. Early detection is considered to be necessary in the prevention of pest problems. You should look for droppings, unusual odors, gnaw marks, and other signs associated with an infestation. You may also install pest monitoring devices to assist with this endeavor.
- Take steps that help in pest-proofing your business building. You may place screens on windows, install screen doors and door sweeps, apply weather stripping to seal up areas where pests may enter, and engage in regular landscaping. Trees, shrubs, and other plant life should be kept away from the building. If it touches, it could act as a “bridge” to allow pests to access the premises.
- Finally, you should sign up for professional commercial pest control services. This will provide optimal protection against a wide assortment of pests that may enter your home. In addition to protecting the premises, the pest control technician that you work with will be capable of providing information and advice on long-term strategies that may be used to prevent pests, based on the unique needs of the building where your building is located.
Contact Us Today
We here at All Pest Exterminating offer commercial pest control services. In addition to thorough pest control inspections, we also specialize in pre-inspections, home inspections, heated bed bug treatments, and more. We are capable of eliminating any creature that hops, flies, or crawls. We specialize in the treatment of everything from ants to zygentoma!
If you run a business, commercial pest control services are an absolute must. It is not just about cleanliness; it is also considered to be a fundamental component of maintaining a business that is healthy and is thriving. Our services here at All Pest can help protect your property and provide a safe place for your employees and those that are your customers. To learn more, contact us today by calling: 765-259-0043